Youth – We are the Jr. and Sr. High youth of the church.
Sunday Morning 9:30-10:40am – The first Sunday of the month is Communion Sunday and the youth stay in the sanctuary.
- Middle School (Room 201): Grades 6th – 8th
- High School (Room 202): Grades 9th – 12th
- Guiding Force
Our Mission Statement:
- To be a Christ based guiding force in the community through our gifts, prayers, presence and service.
Our Vision Statement:
- To uphold Christian values, assist local missions and expand our faith.
Our Disciple Puppet Ministry meets on Thursday evenings from 5:45 pm to 7:30.
- This time includes a dinner at the cost of $4.00. We spend time discussing current events and everyday living as a Christian teen. We write our own Christian puppet skits and sing. We perform our puppet skits for the whole congregation. Our future endeavors include holding a church service at local nursing homes every 6 weeks.
The Guiding Force Sr. High Youth meet on Sundays, from 5:00 pm to 6:30 p.m.
- Each teen takes a week and brings in pizza and pop. We decide on and research Faith Raisers, mission trips and ways to assist our more mature members of the church. We also discuss how the Bible relates to us today and usually have a recreation time.
Some of our annual missions are the Appalachia Service Project, the Operation Good Cheer, 30-hour Famine for World Vision and we sell Equal Exchange Fair Trade products, such as coffee, tea, chocolate and cocoa. We attend the Methodist West District Conference Youth Rally in November, which is a time for all youth in the West District to fellowship together with a Christian Rock Band, games, dinner and speaker.
In 2008 we had our first annual Guiding Force display tent during the Farmington Festival in which we sold the Fair Trade products, as well as hot dogs and lemonade.
Our recreation adventures have been the Halloween Camp-In at the church, bowling, retreat at Judson Collins Methodist Camp, District U-Nite and a trip to Cedar Point.
If you are a teen who is searching or wanting to grow in faith or just want to know who God is and what he has planned for your life, please come join us.
Pat Imus – Youth Coordinator
Sherry Young – Director of Adult and Youth Ministries