The Rev. Dr. Anthony R. Hood is a native of Detroit, Michigan. He is a graduate of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education and Social Policy with a concentration on Psychological Services. He has his Master of Divinity Degree from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary and Doctor of Ministry Degree from Ecumenical Theological Seminary.
Dr. Hood is an ordained Elder in the Michigan Annual Conference. He has served as the associate pastor of Children and Youth Ministries at Hope United Methodist Church in Southfield, Michigan, as the pastor of Berea St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in Highland Park, Michigan and as the pastor of the Historic Scott Memorial United Methodist Church in Detroit, Michigan. In July of 2016, he was appointed to serve as the pastor of First United Methodist Church of Farmington, Michigan.
He is married to Khia Lee-Hood and is the proud father of two daughters: Sydney Camille Lee and Ayanna Hope Hood. Dr. Hood lives by the words found in Galatians 2:19-20 NIV:
“Through the law I died to the law so I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ: and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
- Rev. Dr. Anthony Hood, Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Bea Fraser-Soots, Director of Christian Education and Ministries, email@example.com
- Ann St. John, Office Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Debbie Miller, Parish Visitor, email@example.com
- Pat Imus, Youth Coordinator
- Jan Wassilak, Chancel Choir Director and Director of Music Ministries
- Harvey Kahl, Organist