Support Ministry Offers to Help Our Congregation
“Take time to love and be loved.. It is a God-given privilege”
Support Ministry is a volunteer program wherein church members help other church members. Life often presents us with circumstances with which we could use a helping hand. If you find this to be true, think about the many ways that Support Ministry could help you.
Support Ministry is able to offer help to members of our congregation on an occasional need basis in the following areas:
- Local Transportation (e.g. to doctor, hospital, store, church, cemetery, work)
- Local errands (e.g. shopping, library, miscellaneous)
- Supportive discussions [Not therapy!] (suicide, foster relations, adoption, family death, family mental problems, joint replacement, divorce, abuse)
- Handy Person Projects (minor household items and repairs)
- Household Tasks (e.g. cook, take in food, various light housekeeping, baby or parent sitting, even yard work)
- Writing and/or Phoning (e.g. check writing, banking, notes after funeral, Christmas cards, special arrangements)
- Caring Contact (e.g. telephone, cards, relieve caregiver, companionship, serve at funeral luncheons)
- Personal Care (e.g. dressing, shaving, grooming, hair styling, etc.)
Parish Visitations are available for the hospitalized, nursing homes and home bound concerns. For visitation requests contact the church office at (248) 474-6573.
Support Ministry is a volunteer program in which church members help other church members. Volunteers are never pressured to help. Even though a volunteer’s name has been placed on a list, when called to help the volunteer always has the option to say yes or no. Occasionally Support Ministry is called upon to meet the needs of someone in the area of “Household Tasks” such as providing a meal, doing laundry or yard work.
- If you would be willing to volunteer to have your name added to the Household Tasks list, please call Emily Lamont, 248-477-5335.
To Request Services:
- If you are in need of services from Support Ministry please telephone (248) 788-5757, listen to the instructions and leave a message. Calls are retrieved Monday through Friday.
“Take time to dream…it hitches the soul to the stars!”